Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited (IBBL) SME Loan
Formation of SME Division
The Board in its emergent meeting held on 02.11.2005 accredited a memo bearing No. 2005/one hundred fifty five with the next decision:
“Resolved that the funding in Small organization will likely be made in line with the terms and stipulations contained in the Annexed “complete Small enterprise investment policy” and SME Division beneath funding Wing will be established with indispensable restructuring and duly manning with enough officers as proposed.”
so as to emphasize SME investment, to run its SME services easily and to reinforce the SME hobbies of the bank, it has created a separate Division particularly “Small and Medium corporation Division” in 2009.
Specialized SME Branches
As per tenet and law of Bangladesh bank, the Board of directors of the bank has chosen a good quantity of SME inclined areas, where specialized SME/Agriculture Branches are being opening in order to facilitate the competencies entrepreneurs in getting access to to the finance from Sharia’h founded banking sector. Up to now nos. Of such specialised SME Branches have been opened and more such Branches can be opened at the SME susceptible areas by using order.
Eligibility clients for IBBL SME Loan
- Only for Bangladeshi Citizens
- Owner of Private Limited Company/Proprietorship/ Partnership/ Company or Business
- Up to date Trade License, VAT Registration, TIN etc.
- Repayment assessment by Bank Authority Like Source and capacity cash flow
- No objection from CIB report
- Proper business facility and skill manpower with required experience
- At least 3years of business Experiences.
Purpose of Investment
- To meet Capital Investment for project establishment and Business improvement.
- Increase working capital to improve the Business (like overhead expenses or Procuring of Raw materials & trade goods, etc.).
Mode of Investment
- Capital Investment:
- Working Capital
Special Schemes under Imslami Bank SME Loan:
IBBL has been financing SMEs by way of the following detailed schemes below SME apart from above recounted modes and purposes of Investment
- Women Entrepreneurs’ Investment Scheme (WEIS)
- NRB Entrepreneurs’ Investment Scheme (NEIS)
- Micro Industries Investment Scheme (MIIS)
- Small Business Investment Scheme (SBIS)